At Highland Rivers Behavioral Health, we know that when you decide you want help, you don’t want to wait until tomorrow. From the moment you walk in to receive services, you will have our support and encouragement. We serve those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Here is what to expect when you enter our doors:
On your first visit, you will receive an assessment to help our team understand your concerns and symptoms so you can be matched with the most appropriate level of care for your individual needs.
We want to serve you as quickly and efficiently as possible. It is important to bring all information listed below to your first visit so there is no delay in your services.
- Driver’s license/State-issued ID (picture ID)
- Social Security card
- Proof of residence (rental agreement, lease, mortgage, utility bill)
- Proof of income (award letter, bank statement, W2 form, check stub, letter of denial from Social Security, etc.)
- Proof of insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, approved commercial, etc.) if applicable
- Proof of Discharge Summary if applicable (jail, hospital, institution, etc.)
If you are not employed, please use the one of the two options below to obtain income verification:
- Social Security Office – ask for the S.E.Q.Y. form
- Unemployment Office – ask for the Wage Verification form
Our agency is a public safety net provider serving individuals who may be low income or have little to no financial resources, as well as persons with state and federal benefits such as Medicaid and Medicare. For individuals who are uninsured, our services are provided on a sliding fee scale based on income. Your first visit will include a financial assessment to help determine which costs, if any, may apply to the services you will receive.
In order to prioritize individuals who may otherwise not have access to behavioral health services, Highland Rivers Behavioral Health does not accept private insurance for adults, only for children under age 18.
You are responsible for keeping your appointments and paying any co-pays you may have (though we can set up a payment plan for you if needed). You are also responsible for notifying us within 24 hours if you need to reschedule an appointment; you will be given the phone number you should call.